This video provides a complete training of the features available for PECOS compliance in Futura, encompassing all of the individual videos available under the PECOS section.
Working Within PECOS
For practitioners and suppliers looking to grow their businesses, enrollment in and working through the Medicare/Medicaid systems becomes a matter of paramount importance. Recognizing this, Futura offers comprehensive training aimed at ensuring your enrollment in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS), provided by the Centers for Medicare / Medicaid Systems (CMS), is virtually foolproof. The online version of PECOS was established in 2008 as a means of allowing providers and suppliers to enroll in the Medicare program or to make changes in their enrollment. The online process simplifies the enrollment process for providers and suppliers while also reducing the time it takes for a contractor to process the Medicare enrollment application. Features of the online version of PECOS are:
- Electronic Signature – digitally sign and certify applications.
- Accessing more information quickly– verify that revalidation requests have been sent.
- Multiple Informational Views – view information in the manner that works best for your business.
- Improved Usability – access information previously used on applications; update and resubmit applications that have been returned due to errors or omissions; and work through fewer screens with improved navigation.
Using PECOS, providers and suppliers upload their supporting documentation in PDF-format to a Digital Document Repository (DDR). Use of the DDR applies to documents required as part of the Medicare Enrollment application, as well as additional documentation requests made by Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs). Documentation examples include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Licenses/Certifications
- Final Adverse Legal Action documentation
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax documents
- Accreditation documentation
- Voided Check/Account Verification (for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) Confirmation Letters
- Pay.gov receipts
- Provider Agreements
- CMS-460 Participation Agreement Forms
Our PECOS-related training makes sure you understand exactly what the complex Medicare / Medicaid systems require of you- and what they don’t. Make the Medicare / Medicaid systems work for you and your business! Please contact us at 800-840-6057 or email@example.com.